The Filing of Court Pleadings

If your matter involves litigation (going to Court) as opposed to a transactional matter (such as the negotiation of a contract or mediating a dispute), the party who has the claim will electronically file what is called a Complaint" or "Petition" with the Court. This document will layout all the claims and allegations associated with case. The other party will then have the opportunity to file a document called "Answer" to the allegations set forth in the Complaint or Petition. The party filing an Answer can also file a document called a "Counterclaim" to layout any claims or allegations the Answering party may have against the party who filed the Complaint or Petition.