Can I Modify a Divorce Decree or Child Custody Order?

The short answer is yes, but you must meet certain requirements. Existing Court Orders related to custody, visitation (also known as parent-time), child support or alimony are subject to modification if the party seeking the modification can demonstrate that there has been a substantial and material change in circumstances which warrant such a change. Please contact one of our attorneys to see if the facts of your case warrant the change in a exisiting current permanent order.